Audubon's Kingfisher

Audubon's Kingfisher

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Tribes Challenge Reveal

Allegory Gallery Tribes Challenge - Forest Tribe

I had several ideas running though my head for this focal, however, I came across a beautiful piece in Belle Armoire Jewelry Magazine by Susan A. Ray and had a light bulb moment.

I used the waxed linen cording and glass beads from the kit to make a beaded strap on each side of the pendant. I distressed a Vintaj Arte Metal owl charm to go with the stunning handmade polymer clay pendant by Andrew Thornton. I created a wire frame to go around the pendant, weaving beads from the kit into it. I added a knotted fringe at the bottom that includes recycled sari silk, silk ribbon, leather scrap, chain, and an assortment of beads and charms from the kit and my hoard. I had an blast creating this necklace!

Here is Soars with Owls -

Pendant detail -

Strap detail -

1 comment:

  1. This is by far my favorite necklace. I had to come to your blog just to see what else you make. I hope you win!

    ReplyDelete