Audubon's Kingfisher

Audubon's Kingfisher

Sunday, May 13, 2012

This Weekend in woad..

Saturday I attended the Seattle Woad Workshop with expert Diane Lambert, her assistant Sophie, our host Kathy Hatori, and a really fantastic group of ladies and gentleman that were all friendly and super creative. (Thank you Lisa, for sharing your bucket!)

Why Woad?
I like blue. I also like the fact that it was used in celtic and renaissance times and since I attend renaissance faires, woad lends some authenticity to our outfits. Apparently you can also dye beads with woad. I need to take another class since I did not know that and just brought fabric.

So here is what I woaded! (keep in mind, everything was originally just plain white)








And here is the group...hard at work

There was talk of another class in September...I think that's plenty of time to find more things to woad. By noon I had run out of things to dye, I ended up buying 2 scarves and then redying alot of what I had done already so I could play with the shades of blue. I think its so facinating that one plant can make so many different colors of blue.
That's it for now :)

1 comment: